Thursday

The Taylor Guitars T5 C1


I bought it secondhand in the USA at eBay in Orange/Yellow, like in the photo.

No point in talking about the super details, as its well explained in other reviews, I can say the volume and tone controls are a bit small to use quickly when playing live.

I was searching a jack of all trades guitars and whilst the Taylor Guitar T5 is a quality guitar it doesn't really hack it is universal.
The electric tones are too thin and frankly not very nice.
The acoustic tones are OK but in my humble opinion not great.
I have a Guild electro acoustic, so I am able to comment with some comparative experience.
Ive played it through a Marshall AS50R acoustic and through my ac30.
I sense I'm getting what I would call the Line 6 experience, it's all sounds very neat but not quite there if you know what I mean.
The guitar is beautifully made and the action is superb, which makes the finished article even more disappointing.
The guitar has held up to some pretty fierce handling on my part, Ive gigged it a few times, and it looks as if it will hold together well.
All the normal custom features, flame maple top burgundy.
Faux alligator case, keys, and an adjustment tool.
Gold tuners and pickup with gold strap buttons.
Acoustically it sounds great but that is only good for practice.
My jaw hit the floor about a dozen times as I put the T5 through its paces for the first time, and after a few weeks of playing, I'm still finding new things this guitar can do.
The only problem I have is that the T5 sounds so well through my electric rig that I almost feel forced to spend the money on a really good acoustic amp and to A/B the T5 through both rigs, but that's a good problem to have!
This guitar is expensive, but it's so unique that I think they can afford to charge an arm and a leg for it.

1 comment:

  1. I think this poor guy needs a new Taylor guitar and please charge United Airlines for the bill
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31836977/ns/travel-news/?GT1=43001

    ReplyDelete

Lastest Posts